Put dried fruits and raisins along with currant leaves in a jar. Fill the vessel with alcohol and stir. Close the jar and put it in a dark place with room temperature for a month. Shake it actively once every five days.
Add sugar to your taste, stir, and filter through cheesecloth. Bottle for storing and keep in a fridge or cellar.
- 200 gr of dried pears
- 50 gr of raisins
- 1 liter of moonshine
- 5 leaves of black currant
- Sugar (to taste)
How to Make Pear Vodka from Dried Fruits
Pear vodka turns out fragrant and delicious. It’s a great addition to any feast. There are a few recipes of this excellent homemade beverage which we’ll go over in full detail.
Pear Vodka Recipe
Making drink following this recipe is actually rather simple. You need just one large ripe pear, a pinch of nutmeg, and 1 liter of high-quality vodka (moonshine will do, too).
Homemade Pear Vodka Recipe:
- Wash the fruits and cut them into small pieces.
- Put pear pieces in a glass jar or bottle.
- Pour the fruits over with vodka and add a pinch of nutmegs.
- Infuse vodka for a week and then strain the beverage and bottle it.
If you’re seeking a recipe of pear vodka suitable for making during winter I suggest using this recipe. You can do without currant leaves—they are not essential but give a special fragrance and taste.
Minty Pear Vodka with Ginger Root
This recipe allows making a drink with a very pleasant scent and mild flavor.
- 1 kilo of fresh pears or 500 gr of dried fruits
- A few branches mint sprigs or one dried sprig
- 500 ml of vodka or moonshine
- 20 gr of fresh ginger root
- Sugar (to taste)
Ginger root gives a pleasant aftertaste to pear vodka which will be loved by many connoisseurs of homemade drinks. Although using it is optional.
Minty Pear Vodka Recipe:
- Wash the pears, core them and remove seeds, cut into pieces.
- Put half of the prepared pears in a jar.
- Add mint and half of thinly cut ginger root and then top it with the remaining fruits. Then put another layer of fine-cut ginger root and mint. There should be 2 layers of each ingredient.
- Pour the ingredients over with vodka (it should cover them by 1-2 cm).
- Close the jar and let the mixture infuse in a cold dark place for 10 days.
- Filter the prepared minty pear vodka through 3 layers of cheesecloth. Squeeze the pulp.
- Add sugar to your liking, stir and infuse and a cool place. After that, you can taste the drink.
Homemade Spicy Pear Vodka
You can also make pear vodka with spices.
- 1 liter of vodka
- 2 fruits of star anise
- A cinnamon stick
- 350 grams of fresh pears
- 2 buds of cloves
- A vanilla pod
- Saffron – 1 tsp
Spicy Pear Vodka Recipe:
- Wash pears and cut them into pieces. Put the pieces on a baking sheet covered with a baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet into an oven heated to 60°C. Bake the fruits for 2 hours. It’s important to maintain the temperature within 60-70°. To do this, leave the oven door slightly open.
- Put the dried fruits in a clean jar, add crushed cloves.
- Add the remaining spices. It’s important to use only natural ingredients. You can replace them with ground spices.
- Pour all of the ingredients over with vodka, close the jar, and leave it in a dark place (for example, a kitchen cabinet) for 2 months.
- In 2 months’ time, strain the liquid through a sieve, bottle it and keep in a fridge.